Yarnings

Just a place to share my love of crochet, talk a little about my DH, my DD and my beloved poochies.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Just stuff....

Haven't posted for two weeks..have not been able to crochet until just a few days ago. My arm/elbow is feeling much better since I've been resting it. I started working on what I call "sink mats" I have a bathroom sink with a small vanity area and I can't stand it when it gets water laying around from wet hands, etc. It's gotten worse since I started Flying with FlyLady.net So I was putting a washcloth folded in half longways and setting the soap dispenser, etc. on it. Duh, I can use cotton thread and make something prettier than a wash cloth, so I did. Used the varigated yarn from Peaches and Cream and make a few 5" x 9" and a couple smaller ones. Anyway, I've been doing a little and the ole arm isn't hurting too bad, so I hope to be able to finish the poncho I started for Jess and my wimple.

I took that Nerd quiz I saw on Compulsive Hooker's blog. I'm not a complete nerd, but I'm not hip either. I knew that, my DD tells me I'm not hip all the time. In fact she tells me I'm "really old" Huh, she'll get here one day.


I am nerdier than 22% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!


I really need to put some pictures on this thing, but I'm not so good with all the fancy, schmancy stuff like Kari and some others are. I've got to figure out how to do that stuff. I'm just lucky I can get the blog to show up.

Well, it's getting past my bedtime...so I guess I'll shut up and go to bed.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Marvie said…

    Hi =) I've come up with a cheat sheet of sorts for putting pictures, links and such on blogs. I'm a big computer dummy *g* and with a rottern memory to boot, so rather than try to remember those codes and everything, whenever I've "learned" a new trick, I dump it in a file I have saved on my computer. I've shared the file a couple of times, and if you'd like a copy, just give me a shout. I've set it up so all you have to do is copy the line from the file, paste into your message, then plug in the info needed. My email is newcombmarvie[at]hotmail[dot]com

    Take care =)

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger . said…

    Hey, I happened onto your blog and I saw that you said that your elbow and arm hurt...is that from crocheting. Bc I crochet, and I've started crocheting more than usual, well my wrist started hurting (I expected this, I knew it would most likely happen), well then my elbow and my shoulder joints started hurting. I don't know if you know or not, but is that from crocheting? I've just wanted to know. I assume it is, but have never heard of anyone having their elbow and shoulder or whole "crochet arm" hurt. And if this is your problem, do you know of anything that could help. I know putting a wrist brace on my wrist helps, that's what my mother does for hers. But I dont know what to do for my elbow and shoulder. I don't want to stop crocheting, bc I have some projects I'm trying to get done for a baby that is suppose to be born this month sometime.
    Sorry for the long comment, :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home