Yarnings

Just a place to share my love of crochet, talk a little about my DH, my DD and my beloved poochies.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

update

I can't believe a week has gone by and I haven't blogged. I have been so busy. I found the FlyLady.net site and boy do I need her. My house is a wreck, I keep everything imaginable. My husband is always telling me to get rid of stuff. Well over the weekend I did. I cleaned out 2 kitchen cabinets and threw out 3 kitchen trash bags full of stuff - some of which I haven't seen in years. I have lots of room in just those 2 cabs alone. But, babysteps, I don't want to burn out. If any of you out there are clutterbugs or messies like me, you need to go to flylady's site and get started. It's easy to follow and makes you feel good.

My crochet projects are coming along slowly. I have developed tennis-elbow (actually swimmers elbow) from taking a swim fitness class at our local gym and boy does it hurt to crochet some days. It's really difficult to pick up a coffee mug or scratch my note, etc. Other times, I don't know the elbow is there. Anyway, the wimple is coming along nicely, won't be long beore I can wear it and just in time, we have snow here in Westminster Maryland and will be getting more this weekend. I'll just have to bite the bullet and finish it.

Well, the Wine Red Heart Plush is another story. Boy is it a real doozie to work with. I think I frogged it 7 times before I decided to switch patterns and found one that is easier to do with this yarn. It's the '70's 3-color poncho pattern I found on crochetpatterncentral.com - it's fast and easy to work up and the "holes" aren't too big. Jess didn't want anything too open. I have about 12 rounds done and I'm very happy so far.

I hope to get some pictures this weekend - we'll probably be snowed in for a few hours so I won't have any excuses.

I also hope to post something at least every other day. I miss doing this. It's like keeping a diary, only the whole world can read it. Got to go back to work....later

2 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have been a flybaby for a couple months now. Isn't she wonderful?
    Good luck.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    That's inspiring for most of us to remove clutter in our homes. thanks for pointing out the flylady site.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home